For custom designed isolators necessary calculations can include:
• Mechanical strength analysis by Finite Element Methods (FEM).
• Natural frequencies analysis & dynamic response analysis by Finite Element Methods (FEM).
• Load distribution calculations.
• Fatigue calculations.
• Calculation of fastening bolts or welds.
• Static & dynamic laboratory tests
• Preparation of 3D CAD drawings
• Analysis for attenuation, transmission and radiation of structure borne noise using Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA)
For suspension of hot pipes as for instance exhaust pipes typical technical proposal can include:
• Dimensioning and positioning of suitable support (hangers/fix points/pipe clamps)
• Calculation of thermal expansion
• Dimensioning and optimization of expansion joints (position and pre-tension)
• CAD-drawings with products at proposed positions and principal sketches
For exhaust silencer dimensioning typical calculations can include:
• Calculation of undampened exhaust noise spectra (if not available)
• Calculation of generated exhaust volume (if not available)
• Choice and calculation of suitable silencers to meet required noise reduction
• Calculation of distance attenuation based on free field
• Calculation of backpressure for the complete pipe system
For elastic suspensions with shock demands we can perform chock calculations:
• Shock calculations with six different pulse types: sine, half-sine, quadrilateral, sawtooth, reversed sawtooth and pulse train
• Optimisation of shock mount type to minimize rest chock
• Rest shock level in centre of gravity, each suspension mount or other critical point
• Drop calculations
For calculation of vibration isolation of track systems we provide:
• Insertion loss calculations for rail pads, under sleeper mats, ballast mats and slab track
• Necessary input data: boogie length, boogie load, speed, type of rail, type of rail fastener, type of sleeper, sleeper distance, height of ballast or slab, mechanical properties of underlaying soil or rock
• Lateral stability calculation
• Calculation of electrical resistance to stray currents (for embedded track)
• Detailed installation drawings, method statements, test certificates etc.
• Installation on site if required